We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Covid help page

We have collected links to various sources of help and advice for local residents during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you know of any other sites that you think should be listed, please email us: info@skiptonriponlibdems.org.uk

UK government websites

Official Government advice

Full details of the current lockdown restrictions in Craven and what you can and can't do as a result


Booking a test

To book a COVID test go to

or call 119

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

The DWP has created a website around Universal Credit and COVID-19 which provides information on employment and benefits support with advice on housing, furlough, sick pay, self-employment, advice for employers, those already claiming and those making a new claim.


Mental Health help and advice

If you need to talk to someone urgently, the Samaritans are available 24/7 on 116 123. It's free to call 116 123 from a landline or mobile 24/7. You can also email jo@samaritans.org or visit www.samaritans.org

First Response

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you can ring First Response (an NHS service)

01274 221181


Advice & support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.

Phone 0300 123 3393
text 86463
email info@mind.org.uk
or visit mind.org.uk

North Yorkshire Mental Health help line

0800 501 0076
out of hours 0333 000 309

Non-governmental national websites

Age UK North Yorkshire & Darlington

Tel: 0300 30 20 100
Email: enquiries@ageuknyd.org.uk


Free advice & support for anyone under 19.

Phone 0800 1111
or visit www.childline.org.uk

Domestic abuse - IDAS

Comprehensive support & advice to victims & survivors of domestic abuse.

Phone 03000 110110
email info@idas.org.uk
or visit idas.org.uk


If you are worried that a child or vulnerable adult might be suffering neglect or abuse call North Yorkshire County Council on
01609 780780 or visit northyorks.gov.uk/safeguarding for further advice.

If someone is in immediate danger call the police on 999

Grief and Loss Support Service

For anyone in Craven suffering any form of grief or loss, or those worried about losing someone.

Phone 0808 1963833
or visit griefandlosswyh.co.uk

Carers Resource

If you are an unpaid carer and need emotional or practical help to enable you to cope.

Phone 01756 700888
email info@carersresource.org
or visit carersresource.org


Get confidential advice on housing, welfare benefits and debt management.

Contact 0808 8004444
or visit shelter.org.uk

Citizens Advice

Provides a range of advice on topics including employment issues, consumer problems, rent/landlord/housing issues on their national website

You can also contact your local Citizens Advice office on 01756 457222 or email via cachd.org.uk/email

National Debtline

A charity that gives free and independent advice.

Phone 0808 808 4000
or visit nationaldebtline.org

Local websites: Craven

Advice and information for residents

Craven Dstrict Council also provides general Coronavirus help and support for residents. To find out more, visit cravendc.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-and-information/coronavirus-advice-and-information-for-residents/

Local business support

Craven Dstrict Council provides a wide range of help and support on its website. Local businesses can apply for business support grants:

and discretionary grants:

Other advice and information for local businesses can be found at:

Shop Safe Craven campaign

Shop Safe Craven lists businesses across the area offering home delivery.


Jobcentre Plus

If you are looking for employment advice visit www.jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk or contact Skipton Jobcentre Plus to find out what support they can offer.

For new claims phone 0800 055 6688, for existing claims call 0800 169 0310 and for queries about Universal Credit call 0800 328 9344 or email skipton.cvservice@dwp.gov.uk

Council Tax & Housing Benefit

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, there is support available and Craven District Council can help you. They encourage anyone who is struggling to contact them at contactus@cravendc.gov.uk or call 01756 700 600 so that they can ensure that you are getting all of the support that you are entitled to.

Rough Sleeping

Craven District Council will be accommodating all rough sleepers during the current crisis. Please contact them directly on
01756 706475 during office hours
or on their out of hours number
01653 699392 after 5pm.

Skipton Food Bank

Gives food, toiletries and other essential items to anyone in emergency need in the Craven area.

Phone 07856 080194
or visit www.skiptonfoodbank.org

It's OK to ASK

Links to some of these and many other sources of help and assistance can also be found on the Craven District Council website at cravendc.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-and-information/its-ok-to-ask-for-help/

Local websites: Grassington

Grassington Hub

The Grassington Hub is a support organsation for the Grassington & Wharfedale Community.

Phone 01756 752222
Email enquiries@grassingtonhub.com

Local websites: Ripon

Harrogate and Ripon MIND

Affiliated to the National memtal health charity, MIND, Harrogate and Ripon MIND operates a telephone support service.

Phone 01423 503335 8.30am - 5pm every weekday

Ripon Community House

Ripon Community House offers a safe environment and facilities for all the community. The building is open to the general public on weekdays - Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4pm.

Phone 01765 603631
email reception@riponcommunityhouse.co.uk

Ripon Community House also runs an emergency food support service for people in crisis in Ripon, Boroughbridge and the surrounding villages. For more information, visit https://riponcommunityhouse.co.uk/food-support-ripon-boroughbridge/ or email foodsupport@riponcommunityhouse.co.uk

Support is available